Wednesday 29 February 2012

Babywearing


I love to carry C in a sling, it really Is lovely to have her so close, and safe and able to see the world at eye level. Our journey to slinging has been long though...

The Bjorne carrier we had for L in hindsight was useless. She was never comfortable and didn't sleep at all in it. I understand a bit more about carriers now and can see that it offered no support and was very uncomfortable to wear too.
 I hate to see little babies in these, facing out like they are on a roller coaster ride.
The beautiful elevill and didymos wraps that I now use to wrap little C in are so much nicer. Even at almost two she still asks for a backie cuddle, and usually ends up sleeping min there. It took a bit of mastering, and I started off with a moby stretchy wrap, but now we have moved on to wool and cotton wraps and it's so much easier. We also have a couple of tie up type carriers, they are fine, and lots of people love them, but I prefer woven type wraps here.

Now that she is getting older, and we mainly use a couple of size fives, Im reducing my stash....slowly as they become very precious to a mum!

Speaking of stashes, now that I find myself with real free time fir the first time in years our playroom is  becoming more of a craft room. This suits L too as she is such a prolific sewer, knitter and general maker. She would happily do it all day. So we have a little space to stash away yarn, threads, fabric, old jumpers, bits of felt and fleece. It's lovely, but now we rarely throw anything and the pile of things to up-cycle is starting to topple. I do find it so satisfying to place a lovely fat quarter in to the basket. The colours are so pretty and almost too nice to use

No comments:

Post a Comment