Saturday 4 February 2012

snowy Saturday

It was so beautiful and light this morning, the sun shone in likle springtime through our curtains, but its minus four out side! We did an early swap back after last nights sleepover, then dropped L at her old schoolfriends for the morning, before heading home.
 I very very rarely buy soup, its so easy and cheap to make after all, and my mum installed a love of soup making in to me from an early age. Today ,however, running a bit late and not having much veg in, i called in to the shop to buy some. I went for covent gardens brand, pepper and plum, and tomato and basil, to have with the nice spelt loaf we get on a friday.
How very dissapointing! im sure the stuff in tins tastes better. I kept quiet as the smaller two didn't seem too bothered, but oh my it was terrible. Not edible at all. Lucily there was a bit of quiche lurking in the fridge so i didnt starve! There must be a market for REAL premium soup, if that brand is the best out there then somebody should sell frozen quality, preservative free soup. I'd buy it!
The heavens opened later on and we are now white over, living on a hill 800ft up, we usually get a good share of snow, and the kids are desperate to sledge tomorrow. I'm happy by my fire, knitting, but will probaby make an effort for them.
Here is a pic of the woodland tree house hubby made for christmas, its a bit of a copy of the myriad one, but cheaper, and has had so much use already.
I have finished the table place setting display for next weeks wedding at last, just goodie bags for the children to do and then i can look forward to friday nights sleepover, my sister and I with her little girl and little C. And chocolates, fizzy, nail varnish, and bridesmaids to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment