Thursday 16 February 2012

A little rhythm.

                                              Valetines cookies


 Nearly finished!


Im finding it hard to achieve this really. we are decorating the kitchen, dining and entrance area, it's a mess, stuff and dust everywhere. Washing is mounting as I can't get to the machine easily and half term is looming...stress not rhythm!

Today has been better though, I'm still feeling a bit down and lacking direction since leaving my course. I know I should be enjoying the quality time with the kids, after such a busy few years, and not being with them enough. Today was milder so we got out into the garden and cleared all the little sticks and leaves that have fallen from the huge trees that hang in to the garden. I lit the fire pit and A and little C had great fun throwing more on and playing in the old leaves. They bounced on the trampoline and charged around with sticks, playing imaginative games. We made a wobble walk with old lengths of wood, resting on the big chunks of trunk that we use as stools in the summer. They loved it, more so for me being with them.
we then went for bread at the next village community shop, I must make more effort to support this really as it's great.The kids had a quick play in the park next to it before a lunch request of poached eggs, beans and spelt toast!
L had a fab day at the museum, and was full of it tonight, raving about the Rosetta stone, and using the tube. Amazingly her back stood up to carrying the enormous lunch I had packed for her!.
I have my niece tomorrow morning, so hopefully we can have some rhythm to the day, Wi market first thing, then soup chopping, flap jacks and some sort of craft. I'll take a look in the children's year book for something good.
We all enjoyed vegi cottage pie for dinner, with individual fruit jellies and ice-cream for the kids pud...yum!

I have booked a few cheapish things to do at cp next week, and am starting a 'to take" list....it's growing! I'm going to try an be low gl all day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment