Sunday 5 February 2012

Call the midwife.

I'm loving this new seris, and think it's been really well done. I first read the book whilst applying to university, it filled me with awe and excitement about such a fantastic vocation. This programme has brought it all back, in a good way. applying was horrendous, really, truly terrible.
We lived in Cheshire at the time so I applied to several uni's in the north aswel as one nearer to my family in the south. I read erased read, everything, 'practising midwife mag, journals, student midwife.net etc etc. It paid off and against all odds, ie 700 applicants, for 50 places, I got in!

Nearly five years later, with lots more experience, I can say that midwifey is not in any way similar this programme. It is, however, very much like the channel four version, one born every minute! And endless paperwork to boot.

I'll write more another time about inspirational women centred midwifery, but wanted to mention this great program.

Diet wise, not that good again, salmon and veg for dinner, but a delicious lemony curdy pud with cream and quedasilla for supper, ruined things.
Lucily there is no chocolate in the house.

we had a quiet day here, a bit of knitting for me and L, lots of books read to/with/by little C, and a nice warm fire to keep us cozy.

No comments:

Post a Comment