Friday 3 June 2011

And more time has passed......

Well June is now here. Birthday month for us, big girl turning 10 this weekend, and the lad will be 7 at the end of the month.

This week I have been working on nicu/scbu unit. I looked forward to this placement, having visited there briefly in the past. But a few shifts in and it's proving hard. Sick babies make me sad, and they are so very poorly in there. I can't believe how few visits the little things have from their parents. It must be a scary place for them, I like to think I would be there 24/7 if it were my baby. The twin I'm caring for has not had a visitor at all during her three week stay. She is tiny, fragile and may not live. Her mother is young herself and has not returned since giving birth over 3months early. I hope she goes to a loving family, she deserves to. Poor tiny girl.

My baby is huge now. She is 15 months and becoming a cheeky chimp, just like her siblings!

She squeals with delight as she plays with them, she runs and climbs. Loves to bounce on the trampoline and generally behaves like a five year old. She will not be fed or put to bed, everything is on her terms, she is very spirited and I fear is getting to spoiled by us all. Having four people doting on her and giving her exactly what she wants at all times could be creating trouble....we will see. But she is adorable with it, so funny and cuddly. She says hello and waves goodbye.

We are well in to planning the party this Sunday, family all invited so about 10 adults and 12 children in total. Hubby is on the BBQ doing hotdogs, burgers and coleslaw in buns.
Then we have an ice-cream shack with 99's and sauces. Lots of games and races. Pics to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment