Sunday 26 June 2011

Shops and sunshine

Saturday ended up being a shopping day, with the girls, a friend and her daughter. I'm trying to limit Ls shopping trips as she was becoming very materialistic and wanting lots before starting her new school, and I don't think her friends spend much time in shops at this age either. She had a voucher for accessorise for her birthday from my sister, which she enjoyed immensely, eventually choosing a pretty scarf.

Litle c got new shoes, her first pair, as until now She has only worn the little leather soft shoes, and mostly home made ones. But they are red and very grown up, and were only £8 in the sale too. I also bought fabric for a scarf for me,and a new chair cover for our ikea poang.

We had a nice lunch at pizza hut, chosen by the girls. It got a bit late so we bought fish and chips home for the boys supper. They had been outside all afternoon and had a great time without us.

Sunday my sister called to ask me to join her as she was looking around a steiner kindergarten for my niece. I went with A and C and we had a lovely time there. The hall is set up in a kindi way, with lovely wooden tables and toys and soft cozy corners to snuggle in. I think she will be sending her there next term, and I'll be considering it for c, my god!, when she is 2 or 3.

This afternoon we went to a holy communion celebration and then played in the garden with aunties and cousins before going for a local ice-cream in the boiling sunshine. I don't think the weather will last but today it was lovely!
I managed to sew the beginning of a lining for the bell tent, it looks good! The garden is in chaos though,logs and chairs scattered, rugs pulled out from the tent and ropes hanging from the trees by A. Our pet tortoises have had great fun today as we let them stretch their legs in a large border, they really can walk quickly when they want to.

K is at work tonight so I'm going to read a bit of uni stuff then get an early night before tomorrows clinic.

All good fun

No comments:

Post a Comment