Sunday 5 June 2011

How exciting.....

A blog viewer from Germany! This was supposed to be a journal of or everyday lives, something to look back on, Not really for strangers to read. I don't take time over the posts or post pretty pics or useful ideas yet but getting this 'hit' inspires me to try harder.

I assume the midwifery element to my page probably brought it up in the search, so I will try to talk about that side of life more too.

The celebrations today were altered by the weather, after days of glorious sunshine the heavens opened...all day. A change of venue was needed, not wanting 10plus children trashing the house,so we hired the village hall for a couple of hours and it all went well.

We cooked hotdogs on the cadac BBQ, had ice cream 99's, and the cake, clad with an icing bell tent, as requested. Mother in law even managed not to ask if I'd made it, for the first year ever.

I have an early shift back on nicu tomorrow, it's half term for L so cal has all three with no meals prepared for him. He will be fine of course but I like to be prepared. Three shifts then two uni days this week, roll on the weekend.

Iwould rather be taking the kids away in the bell tent for half term, but midwifery students only get five weeks a year, and only two are at the same time as the kids so it's hard.
We had a good time at centerparcs earlier in the year so i can't complain really. and it's not forever. assignments are mounting though, and I have revision galore.

But for now I'll dream feed the smallest girl to sleep and enjoy a cuppa with the latest 'practising midwife mag', midwifery in newzealand sounds fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment