Monday 27 June 2011

First graze

Little c took a bump in the garden today, on dads watch!, and has a proper graze! Today was far too nice to work but my day in clinic went by quickly enough really, I did a few glucose tolerance tests, where blood is taken before a sugary drink then more blood two hours later to monitor how effectively the patient is stabilising glucose levels. My success rate so far at getting blood has been 100%, which I'm so pleased about as in my first year I really found it hard and didn't think I'd ever feel confident with it.

Tomorrow will be much the same I think, but I'm enjoying meeting lots of different patients and the faster turn around of this placement.

A will be 7 on Wednesday, I'm working and really unsure what to plan. As he is not at school yet it's hard for him to socialize, even thug we have a large family, they are mostly girls. Will have to see if Kal fancies a friend over for him. May have to ask my mum to bake a cake as it's not likely that I'll have time.I need to buy him a pressie too, wishing we had ordered stilts last week as he'd have loved them.

Kal made a nice shepherds pie for tea, devoured by the kids in no time which is always nice to see. I'm a bit bored by food at the moment and need to come up with some fresh ideas soon!

We are off to a local ish volkeswagon festival on Friday after school, camping overnight too. Both of the bigger children have developed a love of vw recently, and spot them a mile off, so were off to have a look at them and enjoy some live music and festival food. Good preparation for camp bestial in July....can't wait for that. Need to get on with a medieval costume for everyone though. The to do list really is endless at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment