Monday 6 June 2011

Garden fun

Finally the runner beans seeds that I carefully planted weeks ago and nurtured in the kitchen before taking outside to climatise are in the ground. Having been abandoned at the side of the house for many weeks, I hope they survive and offer a good crop too!

Its half term now, the kids have been to play with their village friends today, and have plans to meet others tomorrow. The latter part of the week, I hope, will be peaceful play and craft at home. We have over indulged them for many years, lavish trips, memberships to childrens parks and too many treats. Adopting a more waldorf way of thinking and living has impacted things massively. We have been tv free for six months, no computers or electronics for the kids either. They are a lot calmer now, it's amazing really. A enjoys playing outside more than ever and his speech has developed too.

I would love to be greener and eat less meat/ sugar, that's the plan for this year. I am surprised at how adaptable they have been so I'm sure it will be possible.

My fabric and yarn stash is growing, I keep buying bits here and there, often bargains from charity shops, but finding the time to craft is hard. For now it can all look pretty in the craft room, ready for another day! The pencil case and purse I made for L's birthday were a success though, and she was so pleased to have handmade gifts. her aunties had also made lots of little treats for her, and a few silver charms for her bracelets completed her gifts.

Tomorrow I hope to add some pics to this blog, I take hundreds every month, but have to work out how to add them via my iPad!

No comments:

Post a Comment