Thursday 8 March 2012

somewhere to play...

Yesterday I planned to take little c to the music group that we went to last week, unfortunately it was cancelled. She was looking forward to seeing the other children and going out so we ventured, again, to the village toddler group.
it was so noisy when we arrived, and full of over threes who as expected were full of energy on a windy wet day. Little C stood quietly with a shocked look on her face, she wasn't scared, but not exactly happy to be there. There was no rhythm or direction, just chaos and mess. Needless to say, we will not be going again. it did confirm to me that I would like to take her somewhere. I'd love a forest tots type place, but don't think I have the time or energy to set on up, especially as C is our last, so it's not something she would use for many years either. I can dream. we came home and played 'mud and water' in the garden kitchen, and had a Good ole bounce on the trampoline so she was very happy in the end.

Right now..

:: I've been browsing ralvery for inspiration for a new project. I need to get back knitting.

:: Today our lovely playsilks arrived. They have had lots of play already and right now are lined up with the tea set on, a picnic on a rainbow!

:: We attempted to make egg shaped candles, it all got a bit messy so we will try again tomorrow!

:: Tomorrow we will go to market in the morning then housework before a long walk I hope.
I also have soup to make for school on saturday, and a cake for the weekend.

:: we had a very strange dinner mix up, roast chicken with lemon gravy. Rice, purple cabbage and broccoli. It was gobbled up, but a bit odd. Is rice and gravy ever right?

:: This weekend we are quite busy, with a family birthday celebration on Sunday. I'm making the girl m&m cookies in a jar, but need to get the bits tomorrow for it.

:: We have been given a Herman cake mix today, having failed at it before, ending in a mouldy mess, I do hope it's better this time as the kids are full of hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment