Tuesday 19 July 2011

Community midwifery

I'm really enjoying my new placement, it fab to be back out on the road and visiting women at home, meeting them in clinic and even parent craft sessions.

From the beginning I've loved the community, it's great! I don't really like hospitals and prefer to work alone or in a small team. I'll need a few years experience before I can apply for a job in the community though so will have to get on in the hospital until then. That's if there are any jobs next year.

My original cohort qualified today, having taken a year out to have C, I'm now in the group behind. It's been hard joining a new cohort and fitting in, I don't really put much effort in though to be honest! The light is at the end of the tunnel though, third year next and I can't wait! As usual I'll vow to start assignments earlier and study more but probably won't do either. Can but try.

At home we've made cakes for after supper tonight and birthday cards for upcoming birthdays. The kids are bored already though, but I'm remaining tough and we will be staying around the house and spending less than let summer. The need to be satisfied with each others company more and less needy on friends coming over or days out.

Camp bestival next weekend, can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment