Friday 13 April 2012

Weekly roundup..

the holidays are really flying by, so much so that I need to sit and plan our last Week, to ensure a good mix of fun and calm pottering at home.

:: The weather has been so changeable here that I've not managed any gardening, we have however enjoyed lots of walk, a scarecrow trail and park play, whilst dodging the rain and appreciating the lovely sunshine in-between.

:: grandad is unwell so is staying here for a few days, despite the constant play and story requests from the kids, he is resting and eating more now.

:: we picked wild garlic yesterday and made the most lovely velvety soup...

Stirfry half an onion with half a butternut squash, some celery, a parsnip and sprinkle of cumin. Add a handful of wild garlic, a chopped garlic clove and cover with stock. Boil up. Blend. Add cream to right texture and grated parmesan. yum. No pics sorry, as I was not organised enough! Every one ate lots and I have leftovers too. It would work well with bacon or chorizo I think too.

:: my mum had a nice birthday, after much deliberation, my sis and I chose a lovely set of baking scales, and a cake stand with galas dome lid, perfect for her to display her sandwich cakes in. Plus we can now see when we arrive if there is cake available!!.

:: We have a party to go to on Monday so I need to find or make pressies for that, I may have a browse around the shops after my crochet less ion tomorrow. I can't wait to try crocheting, as although I love to knit, it's very time consuming. Crochet is faster and I have lots of inspiration for pretty things too.

:: Tonight L is having her cousin to stay, and A is going to stay there. We are all going out for tea together first though which should be nice.

: I ran again yesterday, we are all getting fitter I think, and I enjoy getting fresh air and an hour out of the house a few times a week.

:: little C is doing so well with toilet training, she is dry all day every day and a real star!

No comments:

Post a Comment