Sunday 15 April 2012

Lazy weekend

After a busy few days we have really chilled back here.

 I went along to the crochet session yesterday with a friend. It was very useful, and much more like knitting than I thought it would be. We learned chain, double and treble stitches, then I made a small flower by increasing in each stitch. I generally feel more inspired to create something pretty now. That's if I can ever understand a pattern!

The children stayed home with cal and played in the garden mostly I think. We had Chinese style chicken curry for tea, homemade but more spicy than I planned. It was eaten by everyone though, so it seems little C is not bothered by some heat.

Today it is lovely and sunny, but still nippy enough to need a log smouldering, ready to be stoaked later when we are all done outside. Cal has been strimming and mowing while I made lunch. Today it was shepherds pie with purple sprouting broccoli, yum. I added some mint sauce to the meat mix before topping with potato, and it really made a difference.

Right now....

L is needle felting a blue tit, she is copying one that I made earlier, but without help. It's coming along well.

A is outside kicking a ball, just now he was up the tree and earlier on the trampoline. He has serious energy to burn today, we may need a walk too.

C is half dressed and looking much brighter after her sicky spells through the night. I have lots of sicky sheets in the machine that need drying too!

I am here, but soon I plan to make scones for tea, and will probably have them with cream and jam. I'm running tonight, so it's fine really?

I'd hoped to make birthday presents for two boys for tomorrow, but that's not going to happen now I don't think. The kids really want to go to the history museum in London one day this week so I hope the dry weather lasts.

I notice that a few more people are dropping by here too, thankyou. I really write here as my memory is not great, and it's lovely to look back at what we got up to. I will try and add more pics though, as I know blogs like this are a bit boring really! X

No comments:

Post a Comment