Sunday 8 January 2012

First grade

following much deliberation, it seems midwifery is no longer for me. Not now anyway. After many years of hard slog, I'm looking forward to doing mum things, baking with the children more, gardening, sewing and nice stuff!

The small matter of homeschooling A is also going to fill lots of my time. We begin tomorrow with an introduction to letters. He does know them but having had so much time out it will be a good refresh. I've found a nice container story to start with and will introduce D and K first. In a waldorf style, with chalk drawings for him to copy in to his lesson book.

We have loose times in place and an idea of what will happen this week. Rhythm will be important for us all, with lots of skipping, crafting and skipping every day.

L is suffering with sinus pain, but returning to school tomorrow, with a nasal spray and remedy. Poor girl, she has been very brave with it. We had a lovely circular pub walk today, the sun shone and it was very mild and spring like. little C enjoyed a long carry on my back in the sling, I do wonder if our carrying days are nearly over though, as she can be stroppy about not walking now. he speech is really great now, she loves to chat with us all and is starting to make sentences too. a new hobby horse unicorn this week has given her so much joy too, she just adores horses.
a quick dinner of pork and pancetta spaghetti boll was enjoyed tonight with roast chicken planned for tomorrow. The Diet is going well, I'm finally at 8 and a half stone, what I was before baby three. A few pounds more lost would be nice for the wedding but I'm happy to be here now, and my clothes look much better for it too.
We are planning half term too, the children want to go to center parcs again, as our holidays are a week after the state ones it may be do-able.

No comments:

Post a Comment