Thursday 3 May 2012

Sleep time

We have always been very relaxed about sleeping here, with both of the elder children sleeping in the big family bed until they felt old enough to leave. For L this was at four, A was nearly six. Even now if they wake they like to come in for cuddles, thankfully it's usually almost morning, and happens infrequently these days.

we felt ready to make a little area for C in our room this week, so I set up the bed, with a nice pretty rug and her basket of books. The first night she took over an hour to go to sleep, although she loves the idea of her own bed and being grown up!. The second night it was a little quicker, en last night she kept getting out and I eventually fed her to sleep as I wanted to go out. Tonight though, she was great. After a couple of reminders that she shouldn't get out, she slept. at 8pm. FAB! I know she will want milk at some point, probably before midnight, but that's fine. It's just lovely to have some quiet time, to relax,( watch rubbish on tv if I feel like it) and hopefully do some knitting or crochet too.

Other stuff..... We are all feeling a bit miserable about the weather still, C is loving getting her waterproofs and wellies on to go puddle jumping, and we have squeezed in a few walks. I long for warm spring days, and long walks with friends, and picnics. I do hope the bank holiday brings better weather.
we Had delicious pork and apricot butchers sausages for tea tonight, just cal, little c and I as the biggies were at friends, and it was delicious. The difference to supermarket bangers is so vast, I pledge to only buy them from the butchers from now on. It's slightly more expensive, but very worth it I think.

May day cake, complete with maypole, lemon curd, butter cream and candles, went down very
well after our evening walk with the cousins. It was a nice day in all, more light from now on would be lovely though!

No comments:

Post a Comment