Thursday 17 May 2012

Rain rain....

How depressing the weather has been here! I've not really felt like writing much so a quick roundup of our last week will bring me up to date, then I'll add some pictures tomorrow.

Running is going ok. We usually do about 5 kilometres, with a fair bit of walking in-between. We do mostly feel stronger though, and look forward to being fitter and able to manage an hour running. it's nice to chat as we run, my running friend and I are old friends, who had not been in contact for several years, so it's been nice to catch up with her, even if we run less!

A is really enjoying school, he has lovely friends there, and this week he's completed his knitted king and is now beginning to grasp basic French.

Ofsted have been at L's school this week, all good reports I hope! She has moved on to ancient Greece, but appears to be enjoying it less than Egypt. I think some help with the basics will help her, and me!

little c is becoming very vocal now and asks for things with long sentences! She has learned the word 'shut up' from the others, and likes to use it, often in context, many times a day! Ignoring does not appear to be working so I'm at a loss really as it is so horrid.

We have a new member in the family. A beautiful golden female syrian hamster, who remains un named but will likely be fudge, as that's biggest girls choice, and she usually gets her way!
Funnily the cage was left open by C last night, and amazed us by wandering in about midnight! A lucky thing I guess, we were about to let the dog out!

On the craft front, L has just loved making a needle felted spring lady. It's beautiful and she is getting much better at felting. I have done very little really, except altering a charity shop maxi dress in to a skirt for L and a tunic for C. It is cheaper to up cycle than buy material at the moment.oh and a quick make of a library book bag for little c, she loves it!
Well this next week will hopefully offer some sunshine and dry washing weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment